Pages

Saturday 9 May 2015

more inspiration from Milan

Here are a few more images from Milan that have inspired me, so I thought I would share them with you...


I have always wanted a series of shelves with various seeds and spices etc in them.. side by side  for myself and children to be inspired by the colours and textures of nature. This image is from the shop of the future at Expo 2015.


 I loved the use of the mirrors in the ceiling and floor together with the flowers hanging down. It created such a sense of magic. But mirrors and reflections - and deceptions are always very intriguing... the feeling of endlessness - and the use of light together with the mirrors. The image is taken in the Morrocco Pavillion at Expo 2015
And yes, that is me and my husband...


This was taken in the Slow Foods area of Expo 2015... a simple food art - a table painted with blackboard paint, some chalks in a brown paper bag and a selection of beans, lentils and seeds to create with.

Not quite sure how this will be sorted every day though... on this large scale... but this could be doable on a small scale, as sorting the beans/lentils afterwards could be a part of the process.



This painting by Gino Severini, called La Chahuteuse (a dancer, who danced a more raucus version of the cancan) got me thinking about the portrait project I have been doing and will no doubt do again next year with those children who will begin their final year at preschool. I looked at this and wondered if it would be possible for the children to look at themselves through a kaleidascope and draw their self portrait as they saw... all defracted... and if I purchase a few different kinds then we could really get a few interesting ways of seeing themselves. I am all for one at introducing new ways of looking at things... and I am curious to see whether the children would draw themselves similar to this, or piece things toegther and draw as usual... and also what they would think about seeing themselves so different...



Anyway - these are just 4 images... I still need to get a whole load from my husbands phone... as I took too many films and things so I ran out of batteries before half the day was over... Not just to share on the blog, but to share with my children at home and at work... there are many different reasons to take photos and films...


1 comment: