Pages

Sunday 22 February 2015

playing with Plasticine

I am lucky, my daughters sometimes come to spend time with me and my preschoolers - something that is much appreciated by the children - other older children taking an interest in them.

On Friday we played with plasticine in the afternoon... my 14 year olds playing and experimenting with the 3-6 year olds - enjoying each others company and sharing ideas and inspiration with each other...
The preschoolers tried out all sorts of different ideas and techniques... smooshing on paper, creating models, jewellery, using straws as tools and acessories, mixing colours - in patterns and to create new colours.

 My girls created flowers and a crazy pig - sharing their techniques.... as well as their interest and enthusiasm to search for information... how does a poppy look if I want to make a poppy?

It will be interesting to see how the plasticine interest carries on and how the children want to continue their explorations of this medium... and also how I can provoke the children to explore more, deeper and find even more ways to express themselves through plasticine....

No comments:

Post a Comment