During the summer I wrote a post about full body painting where the two children who attended preschool that day got to paint big time outside
I left half of the painting at the preschool at Skarpnäck and took the half with the body prints to Dalen with me... since the child who made the body prints is in my group at Dalen.
Today we started the transformation of the body prints into fairies... each child in Vinden helping out... all in different ways...
I showed them a selection of tissue paper... about eight colours... and the children selected the colours the wings should be.... they could all be the same colour, or all different colours. They tested with the paper folded, noticing the different effect that made.... a single layer being considered the best for wings. The colours chosen were dark pink, green and yellow (in that order).
Finally glue was added within the wing area and the tissue paper wings carefully patted into place. At the same time in the atelier the children were busy with various activities, so those who were interested joined in... the process was very organic and the children joined in and observed after interest. And quite remarkably there was a job for every child to do...
In the afternoon Molnet continued with wings as well... this time for themselves using sticks and wallpaper that they had painted. The sticks are formed in an "X" in order to support the wings.