Friday, 1 August 2014

water and bubble exploration

We started off the day with exploring bubbles... the children and Elin had carefully followed the recipe for making extra big bubbles - and had also made  bubble wands with wire by the time I got to work (late start today, as I had the closing shift)...

After some fruit we headed out to make loads and loads of bubbles...
but there was a slight problem... we just couldn't get the bubbles to work... just the odd one (and with a special technique of wrist flicking rather than blowing... and even that was not particularly reliable) - we tried adjusting the mix, but to no avail... but we did give it a good try...


 There was time to make fairy wands.... quite by accident. I had taken some foil out to make ponds in the sandbox... but the foil was soon put to other use...


In the afternoon we played with the hose - including making rainbows, lots of water play with tubes, watering cans, buckets etc and the big plastic boxes... we addded the bubble mix at the end and used a whisk to make lots of foam... and pretended to make it snow... and used the tube to blow bubbles too...

snowfoam....


climbing into the bubbles...

rainbow shower

one of the few bubbles we managed... and I just had a mess about session this evening to see what sort of effects I could use and how it changed the look of the bubble.... a good mess about with technology is needed every now and again...

No comments:

Post a Comment