Pages

Friday 7 March 2014

documenting myself...

This is going to be one of those random posts...

This evening I wanted to post a phot of myself with the link to the post of why Interaction Imagination is called Interaction Imagination on my facebook page... I realised that I am seriously lacking photos of myself...

I take hundreds of photographs every week, but not of myself, but of the children I work with, what they are doing, and of my own children and what we are doing... but not of myself...

The thing is I realise that I am doing the same thing as my father... he was nearly always nehind the camera rather than in front of the camera. No big deal you may think - but since my father was on 50 years old when he died, I have precious little to hold on to him. I realise that I want more photographs and more memories to be able to share with my children of what my father, THEIR grandfather was like - and he would have been an amazing grandparent.

I realise I am just 7 years younger than my dad when he died. Not that I have plans to die young or anything - but life is a fickle thing - and I do not want to deprive my children of things that can be important to them.

So this is a post for my children... a kind of memory for them... that I share not only with them but the whole world... because when my father died I felt like the whole world should come to a stop and acknowledge the passing of this wonderful man... it didn't of course - but all felt really surreal... so may this will help my children... who know?

when the girls were born we did not have a digital camera - so their baby photos are in albums rather than digitally saved. This is me and Michael on his very first day. Me after quite a big blood loss... I was borderline for a transfusion... soemtimes wish I had one, as there was precious little energy...

Sophia Michael and myself in the forest... well at the inlaws who live in the forest...

snuggles for my girls - in their Lucia clothes... a Lucia and a pepparkaka girl...

Isabelle and me

Michael and me
Sophia and me

there have been a lot of stories over the years...


and a lots of cuddles...

but seldom have I been in front of the camera... this one is at Brimham Rocks in UK

and this is me and an owl... just in case you haven't noticed... we spent a whole morning with owls... it was the children's birthday present... and was the most amazing experience ever...This owl is actually sitting on my arm... and it is heavy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment