Pages

Monday 23 December 2013

a whole load of doors!

Well my inner child has been saying "get on with other stuff and not bother with the blog"

The countdown to Christmas is about spending time with family and preparing a little magic - as well as realising that another term has come to an end which reminds you just how tired you actually are...

My inner child wanted to play and rest... and not bother with much else!!

So this blog is going on holiday for a few days... to recharge my batteries - just like all children need... time.

I will be working the few days that are open over the Christmas period - as will a few other colleagues to take care of the children who also have working parents... Hopefully there will be time (as there ARE MUCH fewer children than usual - on one day there is just one child coming in) to attend to the Third Teacher - to give the learning environment a make-over. There are areas we have seen that do not quite work the way we hoped - and are not as clear in their language to us or the children - so with a little attention we plan to work on the settings communication skills...
No doubt I will document its transition...

There is much to plan and fix before the start of the next term - the new project that has got off to a bit of a start already "Together on the Square" where we can explore empathy, design, and learning more about the community the preschool is located in...

At the end of January we will be meeting teachers from Iceland, Germany and Norway to discuss philosophy with children - I am excited about this - not just about the discussion but also by the fact that they will be in ENGLISH... that will make my life so much easier... my Swedish is fluent - but even after 21 years I get frustrated when I cannot say things the way I want to... there are more words in the English language than the Swedish language and sometimes you can only find a word that "sort of" comes close to what you want to say...

At the end of the year I will go through my posts of this year - my first full year of blogging and pull out my favourites - and give my reasons why...

BUT until then
HO HO HO MERRY CHRISTMAS

hehe - one of the few times you will get to see me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment