This week one of the story cards chosen was the picture of the fairy door... and one of the few children who have discovered the fairy door on the wall made the connection... suddenly the room was filled with raw energy - the story was abandoned as we had urgent business to discuss - how were we going to get through that door.
- we need a key
- but we are still to big to get through
- we need to be made smaller
- but how
- we need to make a magic potion so that we become smaller
- a fairy needs to come through the door so she can magic us smaller and then we can go back with the fairy
- we need a knife to open the door
- no, not a knife, it might hurt the fairies behind
- then scissors
- no, no scissors they might also hurt - we need to use magic
- Shall we go outside and see if we can find some fairy magic in the Snail Park to help us through the door?
|we took a bucket outside with us to collect magic|
There was a lot of focus on wands - and after the children had exhausted their hunting magic energy the children returned to the bucket to start using the wands to cast magic spells...
|and to be honest by the end of the day I was rather relieved that I was allowed to come home in my human form.|